Saturday, February 5, 2011

Scouting Out a Trail

I've been invited by a group to participate in their leadership training. I'll start leading hikes / outings in the spring. I plan to start with something I am very familiar with. I map out a route around the Savage Park area. Today, I plan to scout out my chosen route and see how it works.

And it's a good thing I've decided to do that.

The park is a mess. The county is doing sewer work. Much of the section were my selected trails wind through are now closed off and dug up. Heavy equipment has been moved in. Portions of the trail have been re-routed, onto paved paths. The only way to get a decent hike in is to do portions of 1-2 miles each, driving to get to each section. That's not going to work.

I'm going to have to cancel plans for my very first outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment