Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Backyard Camping Experiment

December, 2010

It's looking unlikely that I'll be able to camp anywhere during December. Weekends are full of fun, holiday stuff with family and friends.

One week-end is warmer than the others. It's raining. I remember how well I slept in the rain earlier in the season at Codorus. I decide to set up my tent on my patio and try it out for a nap. If it works well, I may spend the night outdoors on my deck. Kind of crazy ... but it will count towards my challenge.

It was a great learning experience! I don't know what I did wrong, but the tent leaked. Also, I had a tarp down but I guess it extended out, as I got puddles under my tent. The concrete patio was cold.

My experiment lasted about, maybe, 15 minutes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment