Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hike: Oregon Ridge / 1st time at the park!

Kickstart, Part 2.
July

A dream of mine is to go back to Crested Butte, Colorado. I have fond memories of the incredibly blue sky; the fields of wildflowers; the golden aspen trees; the Rocky Mountains framing every view; and the fantastic trails. But to fully experience it again, I need to be in shape.

I joined up with a local group, with the goal of increasing my distance, speed, (i.e. fitness level) and learning of new trails with an experienced group.

Today was my first trip to Oregon Ridge park. Amazing I had never been there, because it's So Close!

The hike was fun; the trails were great; but it was a brutally hot day. After about 2 or 3 miles, the heat drained everyone. We all lagged. It wasn't a whole lot of fun. But, I'll definitely return another time.





No comments:

Post a Comment