Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bike: York County Heritage Rail/Trail

New opportunities open up: camping can be a base for doing other outdoor fun activities!
On the way home from Codorus, I was a little bit disappointed. I ended my trip somewhat earlier in the day than I had wanted to because of the rain.


As I got closer to the interstate, it had stopped raining. That's when I remembered the Rail/Trail! The way home put me right at it. So I pulled into a parking lot, got my bike set up, and biked for an hour or so.


Glorious!

Now the whole camping idea is taking on more dimensions. Not only do I find peace and serenity being out in nature, I can use camping as a base to do other things. Instead of driving for hours, doing something fun, then driving all those hours again to get home, I now can have fun, sleep outdoors in a campsite, do more fun things the next day -- and then drive home. Brilliant!  Did I say I was hooked on camping? I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment