Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Antsy to Get Back Outdoors!

March, 2011

It's been several weeks since I've camped. And I'm getting antsy - I need to get outdoors !! Way back in December of last year, when I started these solo camping adventures, I reserved a spot at Cape Henlopen as soon as they opened for the season to kick-off a new camping season -- never guessing at the time that I would venture out for winter camping.

So this trip was going to be my first for the year, and is actually my third!

The Experience
Though it was March, and day-time temps would be in the 40s and low-50s, this trip was very similar to the previous "winter camping" outing at Maple Tree. The wind was brisk; the sun wasn't very bright; and the day (and night!) felt cold. Night time temps were in the high 20s; therefore "below freezing". It was a bit energy-draining to deal with cooking and being outdoors all day in wind and cold.

For the first night, the only other camper was the camp host. Even so, I setup at my favorite site, even though it's right across the trail from the camp host.

I love Cape Henlopen. Not just for it's natural beauty, but for the comfiness of sleeping on sand and pine needles. Best sleep ever!
Ocean Views:


People on the Beach have their winter coats on:

Sunday
Bike ride to Rehoboth. Beer sampling at Dog Fish Head Brewery. French fries from Thrasher's on the boardwalk. And a nap on the beach, before biking back to the campground and driving home.
Breakwater & Junction Rail Trail:

No comments:

Post a Comment