Sunday, January 23, 2011

Do I Really Need Pots & Pans in my Tent??

Musings on Noise #3

Reading last night, I studied a chapter on what to do if you're in your tent and a bear enters your campsite.

Handy Tip: Do not read about bears at bedtime while solo in the woods.

Anyway - the guidance is to make a lot of noise. Such as: bang pots and pans. As I'm reading this, I realize all my pots and pans are ... home ... in my kitchen .. about 30 miles away. Uh-oh. But wait a minute, do I really want pots & pans in my tent ??? What about the other chapter that says not to put food-related items in your tent so that you don't have food odors in your tent???

I need to learn more about this whole bear / odor / food situation ...

***********************

OK, but say I do need to have noise-generating stuff in my tent. (Is a whistle sufficient?) Then, thank goodness that I have a 3-person tent, as it's starting to get a bit crowded in here.

Besides "me" in my tent, there's:
-- the sleeping bag / quilt / 2 pillows / air pad
-- books /Kindle / journal / glitter pens to write with
-- assortment of flashlights / lantern / headlamp
-- improvised 'pee-during-the-night' supplies
-- essentials of blackberry / keys / glasses / whistle
-- water, in case of I don't know what
-- clothes I've taken off
-- clothes I may want to put on
-- my whimsical mini LED tea-lights [for ambiance, of course!].
Just think if I add pots & pans to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment